Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quinn's first day of preschool

 Daddy and Quinn
First day of Preschool - 9/10/13
 Mommy and Quinn
 Quinn is showing me that he's three!
The first day of preschool went fantastic. I am so thrilled for Quinn!
 
My heart was racing as I propped Jack up on my hip, and tightened my grip on Quinn's hand.  We walked into school/church, and I felt like it was my first day instead of his!  (I had butterflies in my stomach!)  We walked into his room and found his 'star picture' that his teacher had taken a few weeks back, during the orientation.  In it, he had a scowl on his face. (Orientation hadn't gone well.) 
 
Quinn put his 'grumpy' picture into the basket for check in.  After that, I wasn't sure how long I should 'linger' around for!  There were some parents hanging around with their kiddos, but not everyone.  As I was trying to figure it out, Quinn looked up at me and very confidently said: 'Mom, It's time for you to go now.' Wow!  How proud am I, of this confident, well adjusted little boy of mine?!  A quick hug and kiss, and out the door I went.  Feeling a little strange leaving without one of my boys.  Two hours later, I was at the school early, to make sure Quinn didn't have to wait around for mommy to pick him up.  I was able to watch him step out of his classroom, and into the hallway to grab his Buzz Light year back pack, and then we went back into his room. (It was fun, because he didn't see me there!)  A little while later, his teacher walked out, with all twelve little students trailing behind her like little ducklings.  Quinn told me later, they were supposed to form a 'choo choo train'!  He was the caboose!  I am so proud of him, and happy for his first day success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment